How can you help?
There are many ways you may help us. We have a wish list of projects we would like to undertake but we need funding:
- Students gardens: 7 (one per class). While working on them they learn about how to make soil healthy, growing organic fruit and vegetables, environmental practices with regards to plastics, cutting trees, clearing large tracts of land, polluting water supply etc. These are all issues which affect their way of life as well as the country and the world as a whole.
- health checks for students
- dental clinic checks for students
- Medical and dental for Khmer staff
- Eye tests, glasses, operations for elderly in the community
- Transport for all of the above (ramok, tuktuk)
- Workshops for the wider community and the school community
- Would like to pay for one of our nursing students to give health workshops to the community on a variety of topics.
- Set up our animal nursery programme
- Another group of Year 12 students to sponsor to a university course.
- We would like each apprentice to have their own tool box and tools to encourage them to look after the equipment provided and eventually start up their own business.
- Marketing of Kep Gardens school, volunteers, website, Facebook, agric programme, entimology, animal nursery, home stays, farm stays.
- Project Trust volunteers
- Permaculture Programme
- Set up a healthy, plastic free canteen in the school grounds. The shop will be run by a local young person who will pocket the profits for themselves. In other words, we want to set up a young person with their own business and include training on stock, finances etc.
- Monetary donations would be greatly appreciated.
- Donations of books for the library, particularly early readers.
- Resources for the classrooms are always welcome, coloured pencils, educational jigsaws.
- Volunteering your time to teach various skills you may have.
- Another helpful way would be a monthly donation to help cover operating costs and resources for the various skills training programmes.
We are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations. All funds will be used entirely for the project. We do not employ consultants or pay commissions of any kind.